A Rotary Drum Granulator Equipment made by us is a type of molding machine that is commonly used to turn materials into specific shapes. This machinery is among the primary pieces of equipment used in the fertilizer industry and is applicable to both hot and cold granulating. It is also used for mass production when it comes to low, medium, and high concentration compound fertilizers.
How Does The Rotary Drum Granulator Work?
Inside the compound fertilizer rotary drum granulator machine , powder or fine materials are bound together which result in larger granules or particles with a more uniform shape. This action takes place when the powder is tumbled caused by the rotating drum.
The process of tumbling is usually only part of the process in order to achieve granulation. There are usually other additives that are used in order to successfully bind the powder or particles together. For example, when it comes to agglomeration or wet granulation soluble binders or water is used in order to create granules that are able to maintain their strength and shape after the process of drying.
In Melt Spray Granulation, solids are first melted before it is sprayed over a curtain or bed of the materials that will undergo granulation. Reactants are also used when it comes to ammoniation granulation.
Over and above using reactants, sprays, or additives, the Rotary Granulators usually also include specialized flight internals, plows, or lifts. These parts offer added drying, mixing, or/and cooling that is required to form agglomerates or granules.
The Working Principles Of The Rotary Drum Granulator
This Rotary Drum Fertilizer Granulating Machine is one of the more important pieces of equipment when it comes to the production of compound fertilizers on a large scale. In the way of adding vapors and steams, the raw materials inside the drum become uniformly-humid through the process of granulation. From here several chemical reactions occur. In this type of machine, the particles of fertilizer start to compact. They are then rolled into uniform sized particles. These particles are usually 3 to 4mm.
As the raw materials are fed consistently into the drum, followed by the rotating action of the drum, working efficiency along with large-scale productions can be achieved.
The Features Of The Rotary Drum Granulator:
• The granule out-put is high. The rate of granulation is able to reach up to 70%, making these machines ideal for fertilizer production on a large scale.
• The materials are heated with the use of vapors and steams. The moisture content of the raw materials is effectively reduced, which improves and speeds up the process of drying.
• The linings inside the machine consist of rubber-engineering plastics, which are able to efficiently prevent adhesion between the interior walls and the raw materials inside the drum.
• This machinery is manufactured using materials that are anti-corrosive contributing to a much longer service life and a reduction in maintenance.
• Easy maintenance, low-energy consumption, and large production.
• The working process is transparent and visible. This means that it is easy to solve any issues during the process of rotary drum pelletizer granulation .